UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

KC105 Interface Test

Hello, Everyone!

I recently purchased the KCU105 FPGA board and wanted to do the Example Design, which is "XTP345 Interface Test". However, I followed all the steps and "KCU105 Software Install and Board Setup", but I still met the following question. Also, the software I downloaded are all latest version. Can anyone help me with that ? Thank you!Interface Test.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: KC105 Interface Test

Hi @yzzhsx12345,

Have you checked for possible causes of this issue in Appendix section of XTP345 -

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/kcu105/2014_4_1/xtp345-kcu105-bit-es3-2014-4-1.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank you! I have rechecked the steps of Appendix and setup again, the problem is still there. By the way, I tried to use the Vivado Hardware Manager to test the PC-board JTAG connectivity, but it appears the following warning, should I download and use the previous version of Vivado ?

Thank you!Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

This warning is only a general warning. If you have an ILA or MIG core that you are trying to communicate with you need to use the versions that the design was built with. If the core was built in 2016.4 and you are using 2017.3, this might cause issues. We recommend using the version of the tools the core was generated with.

As for the BIST, this issue could be a driver problem. Make sure that you also turned off your virus protection and firewall as they can limit the connectivity to UART. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos