Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bowen_fu
Explorer
Explorer

KC705 HDMI video output doesn't work

Jump to solution

hello:

I am working on KC705 evaluation board to make HDMI output work. 

To test if the interface is ok, I follow the video demo from UG913, and get it works well on my KC705.

Then I design RTL on ISE to output a simple color bar on screen, but it doesn't work.

Here is the top interface:

module hdmi_top(

input sys_rst, 

// 200MHz clock input from board
input clk_in_p,
input clk_in_n,

output hdmi_clk,
output hdmi_hsync ,
output hdmi_vsync ,
output [15:0]hdmi_data,
output hdmi_data_e
);

As UG810 says that ADV7511 is wired to support 1080P, I only output clk, hsync, vsync, data, de, and I don't implement I2C.

Do I need to implement I2C to configure ADV7511 and are there any other signals that I need to output?

I also upload constrain file .ucf of my project, please check it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anshpmrl
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Bowen,

Do I need to implement I2C to configure ADV7511 and are there any other signals that I need to output?

1. Yes, u should set the required registers of ADV7511 via  IIC before feeding the video input .
  2. IN KC705 ,the ADV7511 is wired to support 1080P 60Hz, YCbCr 4:2:2 encoding via 16-bit input data mapping.
  3. Supports both embedded syncs and seperate syncs mode.(hope u r using seperate syncs)
  4. Please find the file attached c file containing the register settings for  ADV7511 (YCbCr 4:2:2, 16-bit, seperate syncs format.)

Thanks,
Akshay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting.
If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
bowen_fu
Explorer
Explorer
I inserted chipscope and found that all the output signals work well as indicated by 1080P standard.
0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

In general ADV7511 registers should be initialized with your required configuration, if you do not use I2C find out if ADV7511 default opearting mode /settings

Did you check if your design clocking and timing are proper?

Can you upload a block digarm description of your design and elaborate what exactly is not working?

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
anshpmrl
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Bowen,

1. Yes, u should set the required registers of ADV7511 via  IIC before feeding the video input .
  2. IN KC705 ,the ADV7511 is wired to support 1080P 60Hz, YCbCr 4:2:2 encoding via 16-bit input data mapping.
  3. Supports both embedded syncs and seperate syncs mode.(hope u r using seperate syncs)
  4. Please find the file attached c file containing the register settings for  ADV7511 (YCbCr 4:2:2, 16-bit, seperate syncs format.)

Thanks,
Akshay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting.
If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bowen_fu
Explorer
Explorer
I copy a HDMI block which was running well on a video product, so I think RTL code is good.
The problem should be that ADV7511 is not configured.
0 Kudos
bowen_fu
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Akshay.
I use separate syncs format. I am going to implement I2C master and your file will be useful.
0 Kudos
fpegios
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, 

I am facing a similar problem. I use a code which drives the ADV711 without using Microblaze. The original code exist heres and is for Zedboard, but I want to use on Kintex7.

http://hamsterworks.co.nz/mediawiki/index.php/Zedboard_HDMI_v2

I have made the changes to clock input because Zedboard's Clock input was 100Mhz and Kintex7 is 200Mhz. But I still have no signal on screen.

That code implements i2c to configure.

Is there anything I have to do to have an output on screen?  

--
Fotis Pegios
Senior Undergraduate Student
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering
Technical University of Crete, Greece

http://fpegios.blogspot.gr/
fpegios92@gmail.com
Tel.: (0030) 694 464 7289
0 Kudos
lpqqm
Visitor
Visitor

分辨率和时钟配不上kc705

0 Kudos
sachin433

how am I supposed to use to use this C file? I wrote my HDMI interfacing code in Verilog. but I have no idea about how to set the required registers of ADV7511 via  IIC .please explain briefly as I am new to this platform.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos