Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

KCU105 Ethernet SGMII Interface Design

Hi,

I am going to use Ethernet for UDP packet transmission at max speed. Before I start my own experiment. I want to know if there is any Example Design available for KCU105 Ethernet 1GB/s. So I just can compile/simulate out of the box with PC and then i modify it as per my requirement.

I studied that Tri Mode Ethernet Mac can be used with 1GB/s PCS PMA or SGMI for using PHY with SGMII mode only. (But I dont know how to use both). If there is any tutorial related to this SGMII interface code development and testing, it will be great.

Also I found that there is another IP "AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet SubSystem" whcich can be used. If yes then what will be the difference between this IP and Tri Mode Ethernet IP?. Which IP will provide best speed and easy interface for use in big project. 

My Previous experience is with RGMII using Tri Mode Ethernet Mac on KC705.

Thank You,

Suleman

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @szparacha

There is no ethernet example design for KCU105 i.e., similar to XTP199 for KC705.

But you can start with the example design provided by Tri Mode Ethernet Mac IP. See this product guide: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/tri_mode_ethernet_mac/v9_0/pg051-tri-mode-eth-mac.pdf

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @vuppala

Thanks for pointing towards Tri Mode Ethernet IP.

Can you please tell me about the Board Interface Test design files. KCU105 xtp345 tell the Ping Test will be performed, which means this test have Ethernet code. 

Can you provide the Vidado Project Files (Source Code) in a zip which is used in this xtp345 document.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

szparacha,

Did you ever get the SGMII link working? I have struggled and failed so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @szparacha

Unfortunately we cannot share the design files of the BIST test.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Same here I am trying to implement SGMII connection with no luck at the KCU105 board. Did you succeed in implementing it?

0 Kudos