Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omar.sheriff
Observer
Observer

KCU105 UART not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using KCU105 evaluation board and going through the practice lab exercises. After loading the binary through hardware manager (via Vivado) and writing through tera term, I dont see any any of the LEDs toggling. After pressing "a" I see LED[7:0] showing LED[7:0] = 8'h10 and when I press "s" I see 8'hFE. Is there something wrong ? I see my post implementation simulation working fine. 

Any help ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thakurr

Hi @omar.sheriff 

If the board is under warranty feel free to raise a technical support SR for further debugging and RMA process.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
thakurr

Hi @omar.sheriff 

Did you run the BIST test to check the board's health https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/kcu105/xtp391-kcu105-quickstart.pdf?

Also for the UART connection, make sure the Silicon labs drivers are installed properly as per the guide UG1033:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/install/ug1033-cp210x-usb-uart-install.pdf

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
omar.sheriff
Observer
Observer

Hi Rohit,

I ran the BIST test, I see the anomaly on my LED lights. Can you please confirm that my setup is correct before I report this.

1) All my switches on SW15 (1-6) are in the pulled low position

2) Power is supplied and SW1 is enabled. I see the Pgood LED and Done LED Green.

3) I press my SW4 push button and hold, the Done LED goes red. When I release SW4 this time, I see only LED[7-5] being lit while the rest are off. At this point I should have had LED[4:3] also to be lit rite ?

4) I push up all the SW12 switches, nothing happens on LED2 and it stays off

5) I push switches SW6->SW8->SW9->SW10->SW7 in the following order, nothing happens on LED1 and it stays off

6) I rotate the rotary switch towards right and left into a circle twice, push the rotary switch in the upward direction (I hear the click sound), nothing happens on LED0 and it stays off

So I have done all the self tests and the only LEDs that have come on are LED7,LED6 and LED5. So this does mean that I have a defective board rite ?

0 Kudos
thakurr

Hi @omar.sheriff 

If the board is under warranty feel free to raise a technical support SR for further debugging and RMA process.

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post