UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Kintex Ultrascale FPGA KCU 1500

Hi,

I am thinking to use the KCU 1500 to accelerate some software algorithms.

I wanted to learn the architecture of this device like the interconnect interfacing, memory interface, system addresses, etc. so that I can implement the IPs on this device. 

May I know a good source of documentation on that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mentor jmcclusk
Mentor

Re: Kintex Ultrascale FPGA KCU 1500

How about UG1234?   SDAccel Platform Reference Design User Guide for the Kintex UltraScale KCU1500 Acceleration Development Board. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug1234-ref-design-dev-board-accel-kcu1500.pdf

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
Explorer
Explorer

@jmcclusk - Thank you!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@jmcclusk -

I have a custom software programmed in visual studio (around 30k lines of code) which processes the ADC data from the digitizer.

I am looking to accelerate the software so that I can process the data in near real time!

I think KCU1500 board should be a good choice for this application.

Do you have any recommendation for any other board that I can use? Also I need a board which has PCIe gen3.0 x4/x16!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

HAL(hardware abstraction layer) driver is interfaced with the Linux kernel mode driver (xcldma). 

Does that mean that the accelerator is compatible with only Linux operating system?

I am looking for an accelerator that is compatible with Linux as well as Windows!

0 Kudos