UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nazarihome
Visitor

License for using a VC707 board

I am working in a research group at a university. I have given a Xilinx Virtex-7 VC707 evaluation kit and I am trying to program it. I am using the university license for Vivado and I see there is a voucher in the box for license as well. When I try to generate bitstream, it gives me this error.

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7vx485t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ". If you are using a license server, verify that the license server is up and running a version of the xilinx daemon that is compatible with the version of Xilinx software that you are using. Please note that Vivado 2017.3 and later requires upgrading your license server tools to the Flex 11.14.1 tools. Please confirm with your license admin that the correct version of the license server tools are installed.

Is this because the correct license for this board is not installed or something is wrong with the license in general? I mean, do I also need a license for using this specific board or university license for Vivado is enough but not it's not installed properly right now?

When I try to redeem the voucher, it says that it has already been redeemed. I assume someone in this group has used the license and left the group, so the licnse is actually lost now. What can I do to obtain it again?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: License for using a VC707 board

Hi @nazarihome :

Which Vivado version you are using? 

I guess the reason for the error might be version limt which must have been expired for your vivado version.

The Version Limit corresponds to a year and a month (for example, 2010.05 corresponds to May 2010) and to the end of the customer's warranty period. Refer this AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

Also, run License Configuration Manager and read .lic file anf refer these threads for possible solution:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Common-17-345-A-valid-license-was-not-found-for-feature/td-p/397347

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/A-valid-license-was-not-found-for-feature-Synthesis-even-though/td-p/835395

Thanks,

Priyanka

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find any post has resolved your query, mark it as accepted solution.

0 Kudos