UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sooking
Visitor

MGT in XUP V-II Pro

Hi,
In XUPV2P_User_Guide.pdf page 17,It says :
Four of the eight MGTs that are present in Virtex-II Pro FPGA are brought out to connectors and can be utilized by the user.
But I read the rest of the sheet,I can't find it?Please do me a favor and tell me what's wrong here?
3Q.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MGT in XUP V-II Pro

sooking,

Four of the MGTs are connected on the board, 3 are connected to SATA connectors while the 4th is connected to SMA pads.

see page 67 for a more detailed description of (XUPV2P_User_Guide.pdf) of this arrangement.
see page 68 for a picture of the SMA pads. To be clear, you have to provide 4 SMA connectors to be able to connect to this MGT's signals (differential transmit and receive pairs) - J19-J22 on the board.
see page 103 for a picture of the SATA connectors.

Cheers,
bt
0 Kudos
Visitor sooking
Visitor

Re: MGT in XUP V-II Pro

All clear,3q so much.

I mistook the meaning of "four of eight",I thought it's another "four",which is NC in the board.
0 Kudos