UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML605 FMC Power

Jump to solution

Dear colleagues,

I need to design an FMC (HPC) mezzanine with 4 ADC channels @ 250 Msps, which would consume quite a lot of power. Depending on the ADC choice, I can possibly have about 2.9 A in the 3.3V supply. This mezzanine will be used on the top of a ML605 kit.

My question is: can I use 2.9 A from the 3.3V supply in continuously? We are concern about damaging the HPC onnector, or long term problems related to oxidation, etc. The ML605 hardware user guide says:

Voltage Supply         Allowable Voltage Range    No Pins        Max Amps        Tolerance           Max Capacitive Load

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3P3V                                     3.3V                               4                      3                    +/- 5%                         1000 uF

My concern is being very close to the allowed power in a steady state regime.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 FMC Power

Jump to solution

The ML605 Hardware User Guide has Table 1-29 Power Supply ratings for FMC-HPC Connector. According to that it can support upto 3A.

Mahesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 FMC Power

Jump to solution

The ML605 Hardware User Guide has Table 1-29 Power Supply ratings for FMC-HPC Connector. According to that it can support upto 3A.

Mahesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos