cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML605 FMC Power

Jump to solution

Dear colleagues,

I need to design an FMC (HPC) mezzanine with 4 ADC channels @ 250 Msps, which would consume quite a lot of power. Depending on the ADC choice, I can possibly have about 2.9 A in the 3.3V supply. This mezzanine will be used on the top of a ML605 kit.

My question is: can I use 2.9 A from the 3.3V supply in continuously? We are concern about damaging the HPC onnector, or long term problems related to oxidation, etc. The ML605 hardware user guide says:

Voltage Supply         Allowable Voltage Range    No Pins        Max Amps        Tolerance           Max Capacitive Load

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3P3V                                     3.3V                               4                      3                    +/- 5%                         1000 uF

My concern is being very close to the allowed power in a steady state regime.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ML605 Hardware User Guide has Table 1-29 Power Supply ratings for FMC-HPC Connector. According to that it can support upto 3A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ML605 Hardware User Guide has Table 1-29 Power Supply ratings for FMC-HPC Connector. According to that it can support upto 3A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos