UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ashishkrsingh
Observer

ML605 Fan-J33 Shorted

I was trying to measure the Fan output, due to short between pin1-2 or 2-3.

Board (FPGA and FAN) is no more working.

But few leds are glowing.

I found same case here:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Boards-and-Kits/ML-605-error-led-on-and-fan-not-working/m-p/229169

How to fix this?

Thanks

-Ashish

ML605.jpg
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 Fan-J33 Shorted

Hi,

Go through the debug check list for ML605 http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40398.html

Check the functionality of each of the interface. This will confirm if the board is working or not.

Question to you:- Was the board not working right from the day-1 or was it working for some days?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer ashishkrsingh
Observer

Hi,

It was working before.

But after testing FAN (J33) output, (due to short). 

1.  Fan is not spining.

2.  DS30 LED SysAce Err is glowing (not blinking after removing CF).

3.  DS1, DS2, DS32 (Power good), DS25 and DS23 LEDs are glowing.

4.  DS28 and DS29 LEDs are OFF.

5.  IMPACT is unable to detect any device (cable).

-Ashish

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Firstly since all the powers LED's are not proper, there can be a problem with your power controller. Were all these LED's glowing before the shorting after FAN testing damaged the FAN? Please follow the flow chart given in the ML605 debug checklist for power failures.

I guess you are referring to the J59 jumpers which you are expecting to be shorted as shown in the below schematic scope short.

ml605 fan.PNG

In case you want to probe the shorts, you can refer to the above schematic diagram.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since all the power status leds are not glowing, please reprogram the power controllers. The details can be found at http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56811.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Observer ashishkrsingh
Observer

Hi,

The board was working properly.

I was trying to install one more fan at J33 for FMC150 card.

But pins(1-2 or 2-3) were shorted, while measuring output.

Now I checked power supplies:

NO. (EXPECTED O/P)  : (MEASURED)

U24   VCCINT(1V)         :    0.5mV

U43   VCCO2V5(2.5V)  :    0.77V

U91   VCCAUX(2.5V)    :    151mV

U35   MGT_AVCC(1V)  :    1.02V

U36   MGT_AVTT(2V)   :     1.26V

U20   VCO0V5(1.5V)    :     1.52V 

Since, VCC2V5 is 0.77V, LED DS29 (Reverse biased  p:0.77 and n:1.9V ) is not glowing.

And, LED DS28 is not glowing because MGT_AVTT is 1.26V and may be Q10 is not ON!!!

What else should I check?

Also, I'll try to reprogram power controllers.

Thanks

-Ashish

0 Kudos