UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer fruntxas
Observer

ML605 Led Testing by Hardware Co-Simulation

Jump to solution

To whom it may concern,

I recently bought a ML605 kit from AVNET and I'm trying make a simple LED test controlled by the switches

I get no errors performing a JTAG compilation, but the board(leds) don't light up in any way.

I attached my file hoping someone can help :(

Got a counter and inverter on the left side of the Gateway Ins but those don't really matter.

Cheers,

Tiago

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 Led Testing by Hardware Co-Simulation

Jump to solution

First of all, it's better to post SysGen related questions on the DSP Tools board.

You need to create non memory mapped (NMM) ports for gateway ins and outs that talk to the physical pins during hardware co-simulation. Please check the blog below on how to create NMM ports:

SysGen: Create New HWCOSIM Target with NMM Ports

@fruntxas wrote:

Hi bwiec,

Regarding the LOC constraints you are right. They were in the folder you refered.

Regarding the setup. I think I can just drag it to the design and run it. 

With both Gateway Ins mapped onto 2 switches and Gateway Outs mapped onto LEDs does it really make a difference?

Even tried hooking up both library inputs to the Gateway Ins outputs but nothing happens 

I have no issue running a Co-Simulation of the DUC/DDC example (xapp1018 updated to Virtex-6).

But if I map a gateway out to a single led, nothing comes out.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Have you tried running the built-in-self-test (BIST) examples to make sure it's not a hardware problem? You run it from the CF card that came with the kit.
0 Kudos
Observer fruntxas
Observer

Jump to solution

I did.

The test passes without any problem.

Currently compiling the SysGen Example with the DUC/DDC, but added an extra gateway out with a led mapped.

Let's see what comes out.

When I open the Project file generated by the Hardware Co-Simulation the ucf only has two lines (regarding my example):

# Global period constraint
NET "clk" TNM_NET = "clk_c1008a90";
TIMESPEC "TS_clk_c1008a90" = PERIOD "clk_c1008a90" 20.0 ns HIGH 50 %;

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I think you're looking at the wrong .ucf

Have a look in the ./netlist/sysgen folder and you will see your LOC constraints

When you generate your hw co-sim library, how are you hooking up the block to actually run the co-sim?

I would suggest going through the hw co-sim chapter in the System Generator Users Guide (UG640) Chapter 3

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer fruntxas
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi bwiec,

Regarding the LOC constraints you are right. They were in the folder you refered.

With both Gateway Ins mapped onto 2 switches and Gateway Outs mapped onto LEDs does it really make a difference?

Even tried hooking up both library inputs to the Gateway Ins outputs but nothing happens 

I have no issue running a Co-Simulation of the DUC/DDC example (xapp1018 updated to Virtex-6).

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

First of all, it's better to post SysGen related questions on the DSP Tools board.

You need to create non memory mapped (NMM) ports for gateway ins and outs that talk to the physical pins during hardware co-simulation. Please check the blog below on how to create NMM ports:

SysGen: Create New HWCOSIM Target with NMM Ports

@fruntxas wrote:

Hi bwiec,

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer fruntxas
Observer

Jump to solution

Sorry about the wrong location.

The blog helped me a lot and I can do what I wanted.

Thanks a lot jimwu ;)

Cheers

Tiago

0 Kudos