Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

ML605 RevD Built in Self Test Problems

Hello,

I am encountering what looks like a similar error to what this user encountered:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Boards-and-Kits/New-ML605-board-Built-In-Self-Test-problems/td-p/276200

...except my error simply says ""ERROR in SREC line :00000001" followed by what looks like an unknown symbol. My board is an ML605, Rev. D, with the 1GB DIMM.

Please advise, and please note that I have followed all the advice in the thread I pasted above before responding. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
afarnet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Is this the first attempt of using this board?

Is the error message showing if you press any of the BIST tests?

Please check if the 66MHz oscillator on board is properly inserted in its socket and if it's working as expected.

Regards,
a

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi afarnet,

Thanks for your quick response!

0. This is my first attempt at using the board out of the box.

1. I inspected the oscillator, removed, and reinserted it. It appears to be undamaged and it was and is inserted properly.

2. The error is showing (and is the same) for all the BIST tests I try

3. As I mentioned, this problems seems very similar to the one in the thread I pasted in my original post above

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
V
0 Kudos
amandaw
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Just to confirm, have you re-flashed the Compact Flash and the ML605 flash with the latest design content?

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

amandaw- thanks for your response! Just to be clear- is it necessary for me to reflash the on-board flash, or can I simply reprogram the CF card since I believe that is what I am using for the BIST that are failing?

0 Kudos
amandaw
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Try the CF card first, but while you have the design open, it's easy enough to update the rest of the board flash as well.  Always best to use latest design content.

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

amandaw- ok thanks will try this and get back to you.
0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

amandaw- instead of reflashing the CF and on-board flash, I simply swapped the on-board  1GB RAM DIMM with a 512MB DIMM from another ML605 board I have. All the demos on the card now work flawlessly without any changes / reflashing. This seems identical to the user's experience in the link in my original post above. 

Just to clarify for myself and future readers of these threads, do the latest 13.4 flash files you recommended I reflash with specifically address the issue of BIST demos not working on ML605 boards w/ the included 1GB RAM DIMM?

0 Kudos
amandaw
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, you should check out the Answer Records mentioned in the previous thread.

0 Kudos