Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ML605, obtaining the energy consumption of whole board

Hi

I used system monitor to calculate the power consumption of board in ML605, but it just gives the Vccint and Vshunt which are enough just for calculating the power of FPGA chip not whole board.

I saw in system monitor demo which is provided by xilinx that it also shows the voltage and current of board and I need them.

I appreciate if anyone can help me

Regards

Morteza

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605, obtaining the energy consumption of whole board

System Monitor provided to estimate power consumption of FPGA only. If you wish to know power consumption for whole board then use one of the below methods

1) Measure the current practically by meter and estimate approximate power consumption (V X I) from that. 

2) Use TI Power Solutions for measuring power on development boards. Refer ML605 user guide power managment section for more details

FYI: 

The following PPT http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/xtp048.pdf can guide to use System Monitor in ML605.   

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos