cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suppamax
Contributor
Contributor

Mezzanine board without eeprom

Hi, I am designing a mezzanine board to extend my ZCU102 evaluation board.

Is it mandatory to have an EEPROM onboard?

I understood that even without eeprom it is possible to manually configure Vadj, is that right?

For this purpose, I could only find the tool for Windows . Is there a Linux version somewhere?

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ddn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @suppamax ,

Please ensure that you are following the VITA Standard mentioned ZCU 102 user guide while designing the FMC card. Also ensure that FMC Cards support Board FMC voltages also take care of HA , LA Pairs of HPC And LPC Connectors. refer this AR#68377 regarding FMC Compatibility with Xilinx boards.

Is it mandatory to have an EEPROM onboard?

-------Xilinx recommends to be there, so that at power up, appropriate VADJ voltage is set.

I understood that even without eeprom it is possible to manually configure Vadj, is that right?

----------YES

For this purpose, I could only find the tool for Windows . Is there a Linux version somewhere?

----------- To set VADJ you need  SCUI Tool  , I belive it is supported in windows and Linux OS as well.

Note : Only thorugh SCUI Tool you can set the Volatge.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Deepak D N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or Ggive Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos