cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miner_tom
Adventurer
Adventurer
520 Views
Registered: ‎10-04-2018

My certificate license has locked IP for Xilinx Dev Board

Jump to solution

I have purchased a zcu104 development board from Xilinx which came with a Certificate based license.

There are some IP in the design which are locked and I get errors that say "This IP requires a valid license". I have checked the version of the Vivado software that is required for this IP and it is the current version that I am using, 2018.3 .

I am somewhat confused about licensing in that at the Xilinx licencing site I have the option to choose various tools but I do not know which license is required for a specific IP such as is required for the development board.

Thank You

Tom

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
katsuki
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
460 Views
Registered: ‎11-05-2019

 

Hello,

It's easy to judge if let me know the IP name.

Thanks,

Yoichi


Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution. If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

2 Replies
katsuki
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
461 Views
Registered: ‎11-05-2019

 

Hello,

It's easy to judge if let me know the IP name.

Thanks,

Yoichi


Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution. If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

miner_tom
Adventurer
Adventurer
446 Views
Registered: ‎10-04-2018

Thank you for the reply. 

It took me 4 days to figure out the solution. It turns out that I had built a new computer for this project and then created a new license based upon the certificate. What I did not notice is that the license that had been created was based upon what Xilinx thought was my current host id, which was on record but was based upon the previous computer host id. I looked at the license in the license manager and saw that the license did not match the host id. I then changed the host id and re-created the license. From that point on, the project imported correctly.

Once again, thank you.

Tom