Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Need a detailed guide to change the frequency of Si5348 in VCU129 kit

Jump to solution

I am working on VCU129 kit and using Vivado 2019.2.

I want to change the frequency of Si5348 clock module from 156.25 MHz to 200 MHz. I came across this AR72937 which says to use SiLabs Clock Builder Pro software. It is very difficult to navigate this software without a proper user guide which I didn't find.

So is there a step by step guide from Xilinx or SiLabs that tells how to change frequency of Si5348. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

We dont document the internal register mapping and control logic of the si5348. What the AR is referring to is the xilinx side of the control interface for i2c. We rely on clock builder pro to output the correct control flow to change this clock through the text files it outputs. It sounds like what you are looking for are more detailed instructions on how to use clock builder pro. To this end we recommend reaching out to the IC manufacturer to get more details if more details are needed. Xilinx doesn't control their software or documentation on their software.

I have used their tool before and it can be confusing, however it should be possible to generate what you are looking to do. SI has a variety of tutorials in their UG286. Its very large and contains a ton of information. If you haven't i suggest starting here. SI also has a youtube channel with some tutorials on there for clock builder pro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @kharobangdo ,

Please navigate to https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/vcu129.html#documentation

and in here you can find the System Controller pdf file with instructions and also the required files:image.png

There is a BoardUI.exe included, that can be used.

As indicated in the AR, please refer to the address mapping provided in (UG1318) or XTP564 for the VCU129 board to generate the required setting file to be used with BOARDUI.exe for programming.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The I2C address mapping is provided in the user guide ug1318 and xtp564. But to change the frequency of Si5348, a text file in the clockFiles directory, containing register settings of Si5348 is needed. This file is generated through SiLabs Clock Builder Pro.

So, if register mapping of Si5348 is provided in ug1318 or xtp564, can you please mention the page no. All i can see in those pdfs is I2C address mappings.

So the original question remains.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We dont document the internal register mapping and control logic of the si5348. What the AR is referring to is the xilinx side of the control interface for i2c. We rely on clock builder pro to output the correct control flow to change this clock through the text files it outputs. It sounds like what you are looking for are more detailed instructions on how to use clock builder pro. To this end we recommend reaching out to the IC manufacturer to get more details if more details are needed. Xilinx doesn't control their software or documentation on their software.

I have used their tool before and it can be confusing, however it should be possible to generate what you are looking to do. SI has a variety of tutorials in their UG286. Its very large and contains a ton of information. If you haven't i suggest starting here. SI also has a youtube channel with some tutorials on there for clock builder pro.

View solution in original post