Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpirol
Visitor
Visitor

Need help: How to interact with LEDs and switches on the ML506

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to interact with the switches /  LEDs on the Evaluation Platform ML506.

This is the simple task I can't get to work:

Read a Pushbutton SW14 C (GPIO Center) and send the status to the LED DS24 (LED Center).

I have created in Simulink a Model with just one 'Xilinx Gateway In' and one 'Xilinx Gateway Out' (nothing else). The IOBs are defined with 'AJ6' (in) and 'E8' (out).

System Generator runs without any error.

After Compilation I put the hwcosim block in my model and change the cable setting to 'Parallel Cable IV' and start the simulation.

The result is not as expected: pushing the button does not toggle the LED.

What me really concern is the fact, that the *.ucf file has no IOP information. So maybe it's no wonder, that it does not run as expected. But how get in the information? Just editing the *.ucf is no solution, because it's overwritten during next System Generator run.

Any solutions?

Frank

SysInfo:

- WinXP SP2

- Matlab R2009a

- System Generator for DSP 11.3

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't think there is a library for ML506 with NMM ports. You can easily create your own HWCOSIM target with NMM ports. Please check this blog http://myfpgablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/sysgen-create-new-hwcosim-target-with.html for details.

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

By default all gateway in/outs are mapped memory locations for HWCOSIM so they can be directly controlled/observed from Simulink. If you want to map them to the actual IOs on the FPGA for HWCOSIM, you will need to define them as non-memory mapped ports. Search for "non-memory mapped" in SysGen UG for more details.

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,
Jim
fpirol
Visitor
Visitor
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your answer.
How can I define the gateway in/outs as non-memory mapped ports?

Or do I need a library? The User Guide tells me:
"Non-memory mapped gateways that are common to a specific device are often packaged together in a Simulink subsystem or library".

Do you know, where to get this library for the ML506?

Frank

Message Edited by fpirol on 12-16-2009 06:32 AM
0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't think there is a library for ML506 with NMM ports. You can easily create your own HWCOSIM target with NMM ports. Please check this blog http://myfpgablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/sysgen-create-new-hwcosim-target-with.html for details.

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

fpirol
Visitor
Visitor
Hi Jim,

thanks a lot for your blog (maybe started by my question?)

In this blog you did a great job, clearly says, what's missing in the Xilinx documentation.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Frank

0 Kudos