cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power supplies of ZCU111 malfunctioning

Jump to solution

I suspect there has been a short-circuit on the board causing this issue. We have been trying to find the problem and even replaced component U57, an Infineon IRPS5401MXI04TRP, but that did not help. The leds on the board indicate that there are severe problems with the power supply. The following leds are supposed to be lit but are not: DS 2, 20, 22, 25, 28, 34, 35, 41, 44, 45 and 49. Does anybody have any suggestion on what components to focus on when trying to identify the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello @simonlindberg ,

Thanks for the info.

TBH, in my opinion, a full board evaluation would need to be done at this stage.

I would suggest you to contact Whizz Systems and have them do a board evaluation and fix it at cost.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customers.

If needed, you use the following Whizz Systems contacts: info@whizzsystems.com

https://www.whizzsystems.com/contact-us/

Hope this info helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @simonlindberg ,

Since you are using the IRPS5401 and TDA21240 in a custom power solution, a resistor and Zener clamp must be added to the PWM output of the PMIC (IRPS5401).

See AR 71901 for further info: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71901.html

Perhaps this could help you with your power issue on ZCU111?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Anatoli

Thank you for your answer, but I am afraid that is not the problem. We have been measuring a bit more on the card and concluded that it is probably not U57 which is the problem. Since we are missing the VCC1V8 signal (DS22 off) the outputs B-D on U57 are disabled since the VCC1V8 is used for the enable signals. The VCC1V8 is generated in U53 and hence we tried replacing this component too. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem, though. Instead we lost DS21, 30 and 33 in addition to the previously lost leds. These are all related to U53 so it looks like we might not have succeeded with the replacement. That is where we are right now. The problem is the soldering of the replaced component looks good, but that we lost more signals indicates it is something wrong with it but there is no way we can test the function of it ourselves.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @simonlindberg ,

Thanks for the info.

TBH, in my opinion, a full board evaluation would need to be done at this stage.

I would suggest you to contact Whizz Systems and have them do a board evaluation and fix it at cost.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customers.

If needed, you use the following Whizz Systems contacts: info@whizzsystems.com

https://www.whizzsystems.com/contact-us/

Hope this info helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you Anatoli. I will get in contact with them and see what they can do.