UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor a_saberi
Visitor

Problem in Generating Sine-Cosine wave to carry signal to higher frequency [SIMULINK]

HI Xilinx team,

I am using Vertex5-LM506. And I'm trying to implement "Digital TDM-FDM translator with multistage structure" which is telecommunication one. by Xilinx package on simulink [MATLAB],

In the paper, I need to implement carrier (multiplying signal with a Since-Cosine function) and the element that is used for it DDS-compiler 3.0. I want to produce frequencies of +/-2000Hz, and I need 8192 sample per period to keep my calculations correct. There are too many parameters to play with and Google a lot and test them for the last 7 days and totally exhausted.

There are at lease FOUR parameters to set at DDS-compiler 3.0

and these are the facts that I have to implement:

=========================================

-The main input signal in between [-4 KHz to 4 KHz] for simplicity consider it f=500Hz but it must limit into this bandwidth.

So,I I'm sampling my input by this sampling rate [T=1/8192] that is the closet power of two to his range and come from Nyquist theory.

- The carried shoud be made by DDS-3.0, nothing else is supported by this board. and It should be able to produce +/- 2000Hz with the sample sampling rate of 1/8192

Please give me some help to be able to forward this project.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem in Generating Sine-Cosine wave to carry signal to higher frequency [SIMULINK]

Take a look at the blog below to see if it helps

DDS in System Generator: how to set up periods?

@a_saberi wrote:

HI Xilinx team,

I am using Vertex5-LM506. And I'm trying to implement "Digital TDM-FDM translator with multistage structure" which is telecommunication one. by Xilinx package on simulink [MATLAB],

In the paper, I need to implement carrier (multiplying signal with a Since-Cosine function) and the element that is used for it DDS-compiler 3.0. I want to produce frequencies of +/-2000Hz, and I need 8192 sample per period to keep my calculations correct. There are too many parameters to play with and Google a lot and test them for the last 7 days and totally exhausted.

There are at lease FOUR parameters to set at DDS-compiler 3.0

and these are the facts that I have to implement:

=========================================

-The main input signal in between [-4 KHz to 4 KHz] for simplicity consider it f=500Hz but it must limit into this bandwidth.

So,I I'm sampling my input by this sampling rate [T=1/8192] that is the closet power of two to his range and come from Nyquist theory.

- The carried shoud be made by DDS-3.0, nothing else is supported by this board. and It should be able to produce +/- 2000Hz with the sample sampling rate of 1/8192

Please give me some help to be able to forward this project.

Thanks a lot

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor a_saberi
Visitor

Re: Problem in Generating Sine-Cosine wave to carry signal to higher frequency [SIMULINK]

thanks Jim;

this is versy uselful

0 Kudos