I am trying to enable the USB host to handle USB devices in Linux on ML507 board..
I worked through the following Xilinx tutorials:
* ML507 BSB Design PPC440 Adding Standard IP
* ML507 Standard IP Design PPC440 Adding a USB Controllerto adapt ug511_ppc440_emb_ref design to work with USB host.
I also compiled the linux kernel with device-tree generated from XPS studio and the following options selected in linux menuconfig:
* Supportfor Host-side USB
* ISB verpose debug messages
* USB announce new devices
* USB monitor
* Cypress C67x00 HCD support
* EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
* Cypress CY7C63xxx USB driver support
* the shared table of common (or usua) storage devices
The linux is booting ok, but I see no USB support loaded on bootup except:
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
usbcore: registerd new interface driver libusual
I try to insert and remove USB DiskOnKey to and from USB port, but it is dead and I don't see any changes in dmesg....
Help would be appreciated,
As far as i know the drivers dont support the cypress chip on the board. Check the Embedded Linux forum.