cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogmd

Question about model of FPGA placed on a board.

Hello !

I have the following problem: I just found that there is a Spartan-6 FPGA SP601 board, which has almost all necessary functions, what I need to do my project. However, the main drawback is that I need FPGA with more slices. The board has XC6SLX16 and I would like to have, for example XC6SLX10. The question: can anybody tell me, is it possible to order this board with FPGA other than the default one? So, for example, can I order Spartan-6 FPGA SP601 board with XC6SLX10 instead of XC6SLX16 ? I'am a little bit confused, cause in the documentation to the board it is written, that family which is supported by the board is SPartan 6 LX, but does it mean, that I can order board with any SPartan 6 LX FPGA?

Thank u in advance,

Maxim

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

First, I think you mean XC6SLX100, since there is no model XC6SLX10 and if there were it

would be smaller than the XC6SLX16.  You can only replace an FPGA with another one

in the same package.  The Spartan 6 Family Overview shows compatible devices in

Table 2 on page 3.  Devices in the same column would be footprint compatible so you

could replace one with another on the same board.  As you can see, the XC6SLX16 comes

in 4 different packages, and in the smaller ones there is no upgrade path.  In any case

there is no package where the upgrade path goes as high as the XC6SLX100, so you'd

need to look for a different board to use that part.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
bogmd

Gabor,

Of course I meant XC6SLX100, but had a mistake in typing. Many thanks for you answer. Now I see it.

Maxim

0 Kudos
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

Check options at avnet.com and Digilent.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
bhfletcher
Voyager
Voyager

Avnet has LX75T and LX150T options for Spartan-6 development boards.

http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan6lx75t-pcie

http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan6lx150t-dev

Bryan

0 Kudos