UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

RDF0314 for KCU105 MIG Design File Usage

The procedure for using the RDF0314 for KCU105 MIG says to: Unzip the RDF0314 – KCU105 MIG Design Files (2017.3 C) ZIP file to your C:\kcu105_mig directory. When I do this, file manager warns me that I am about to over-write the files that were put there by the example project. Is this normal or am I unzipping the contents in the wrong location?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: RDF0314 for KCU105 MIG Design File Usage

Pablomack,

That is not normal at all. Either you have a corrupt zip file or you already have a copy of the example design in that directory or by some coincidence you already have other files in your directory with the same exact filename like a readme.txt. Maybe you can look into or share which exact files it's warning about.

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is on slide 26/37 that has the instruction:

Unzip the RDF0314 – KCU105 MIG Design Files (2017.3 C) ZIP file to your C:\kcu105_mig directory

The kcu105_mig project directory and the RDF0314.zip both have a directory named ddr4_0_ex. I think that is where the over-writing is going to happen if I tell it to proceed. I am using 7-Zip.

0 Kudos

They are in different folders so it should not get overwritten like that... I just was able to unzip just fine. Try a fresh download of the ZIP or another decompressor like winzip or winrar.

Regards,

Tezz

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded a fresh RDF0314 and they are identical. After 6 or 8 tries I always get the same result. The directory is (in every case) specified as C:/kcu105_mig and the instructions never mention another directory. The zip file and the example project file both contain the folder ddr4_0_ex and there lies the conflict. So the instruction PDF must be in error. On slide 25 its says that "A new project is created under <design path>/" and I have no idea what that means. But the previous slide explicitly told me to "Set the location to C:/kcu105_mig and click OK". Then it procedes to tell me to unzip to the same location "Unzip the RDF0314 – KCU105 MIG Design Files (2017.3 C) ZIP file to your C:/kcu105_mig directory". I don't know what you are looking at, but those are the same directory. I think that either you have a corrected set of instructions, or because you know the process, you are mentally correcting the erroneous instructions without realizing it and making it work. But as a new learner, the only thing I have to go on are some flawed instructions in the file RDF0314-kcu105-mig-c-2017-3.zip.

0 Kudos