UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

RGB and DVI signals problems

hi

i need for some explantion about dvi data[11 : 0]

as i know the VGA has three signal red , green and blue so if there DAC device used "8bit" so if i need to display white color so three signal will be "11111111"

and if i need only green so the red and blue will be "00000000" but the green signal will be "11111111" and so on 

but in case DVI controller how can i do that 

wait your help

regards 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Using the Chrontel CH7301C

In the Chrontel CH7301C datasheet, see Table 4 and Table 5.  Combine these with Figure 4 and Figure 5.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Using the Chrontel CH7301C

dear eteam 

i see the data sheet now 

but still i did not   understand what does P0a,P0b, and  P1a,P1b and P2a,P2b

aslo i aske about IDF=0 and how i can determine it ?

regards 

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

i see the data sheet now 

but still i did not   understand what does P0a,P0b, and  P1a,P1b and P2a,P2b

Figure 4 and Figure 5 illustrate timing of P0a,P0b, and  P1a,P1b and P2a,P2b.

Table 4 and Table 5 explains mapping of P0a,P0b, and  P1a,P1b and P2a,P2b to R/G/B data bits.

aslo i aske about IDF=0 and how i can determine it ?

Read the IDF register through the I2C (serial) interface.

Is there someone close by who can help you read and understand the datasheet?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

dear eteam 

what does P0a,P0b ,... mean ?

also is the read operation of IDF required ?

regards 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

dear eteam00

could you tell me after the configuration is sent to dvi 

what is the form for data "example display image" to Data[11:0]?

may be i need to example to understand please 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

what does P0a,P0b ,... mean ?

They are labels used in the datasheet to help you understand signal timing and data bit mapping.

also is the read operation of IDF required ?

No.  Your logic writes this register, there's no reason to read it unless you are uncertain of its current value.

Is there someone close by who can help you read and understand the datasheet?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

could you tell me after the configuration is sent to dvi 

what is the form for data "example display image" to Data[11:0]?

may be i need to example to understand please

I don't have time to read the datasheet, understand the datasheet, re-write parts of the datasheet, and explain it to you.  Maybe someone else can help you, or perhaps you can click over to the Chrontel website and browse around for tech support options there.

Going forward, it would be helpful to anyone you ask for assistance if you have a clear and concise description of what you are trying to accomplish.  For example:  resolution, timing, and palette depth (in other words, video format).  Such details are important.  It would also be helpful to list what you have operating and verified, and what further progress you have made (or tried and failed) to cover the remaining pieces of the overall design.

Until now, all of your questions have been simple ones which are easily answered with a quick search of the datasheet.  I'm not prepared to dive into video formats and timing, at this time.

Is there someone close by who can help you read and understand the Chrontel device datasheet?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

dear eteam00

good day 

after i read DVI controller data sheet  i understand that (P0a and P0b) will contain a complete pixel encoded

so for 12 bit rgb {IDF=0} and P0a,P0b,P1a,P1b are used,ok.

now when i need to send data to DVI output is just send 4 time the data D[11:1] but according to specific manner to display any color I need so it is required to arrange the data before I send it to DVI out  is this right to no?

Finally I need what is difference between IDF=0 and IDF=1 I know this is in data sheet but I need to more information to understand. and how can set or select or adjust it in controller?

as i understand the DVI controller need for some configuration "in starting - just one time"  is there any thing required to do

please i need to solve this problem

regards

0 Kudos
Visitor forsa
Visitor

Hi hodahussein,

I am also looking into how to control the Chrontel CH-7301 chip. In EDK, I found the XPS TFT Controller IP which has built-in logic for configuring the CH-7301 via I2C.

This requires you to use AXI or PLB bus. The TFT controller reads pixel data from an external AXI/PLB memory device. It generates either VGA or DVI signals towards the CH-7301 chip.

I would guess that using this IP simplifies things?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos