UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Reg TEMAC on sp605 board

Hi all,

I want to use TEMAC provided on sp605 board in simple echo mode using edk tool. Was getting confused with what 'reference clock' to select and what 'processor clock' to use? As user clock provided on board is 27Mhz, which i find is very less for a gig ethernet usage/

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Reg TEMAC on sp605 board

There are other clocks on the SP605 that should be used and this are documented in the SP605 Hardware User Guide, UG526.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor sheac12
Visitor

The Xilinx rep is correct and not. There is only one native clock on the board(SP605) you can use for the generation of the RX/TX clock. There are SMA connectors that could be fed with an external ref, but this requires more test equipment.

The onboard clock is  the 200MHz clock, known in the ucf as the SYSCLK. You will need to bring in the differential clock through a IBUGFS, which is then routed to a BUFIO2, which is then feed into a DCM. You can use DCM(SP) to divide the clock down, by setting the CLKFX_DIVIDE = 8 and CLKFX_MULTIPLY = 5.

CLKFX_DIVIDE          => 8,
    CLKFX_MULTIPLY    CLKFX_DIVIDE          => 8,  and  CLKFX_MULTIPLY        => 5, generating a 125MHz at the FX output.

If you want I can provide you with a working example. I, personally, think Xilinx needs to step up with their examples for this board and provide more compilable and working examples of EACH of the boards parts. Not references that depend on XPS.

0 Kudos
Newbie jvanderpool

Does the clock not feed in from the PHY 88E1111.  I see it accepts a 25MHz crystal and I though that signal was PLL'ed then sent to the FPGA.  I am also trying to create a loop back with the design example provided by the TEMAC core but unsuccessful thus-far.  

0 Kudos