Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Repairing digilent micro-usb connector

Jump to solution

Hi,

My AC701 card was giving me issues with the JTAG connector micro-usb connector.

Looking closely at the connector, I saw that all the micro-usb connector pins were ripped off the digilent JTAG-SMT (REV B).

I have understood from a coleage that he suffered from a simliar issue with his new AC701. He however, managed to resolder his.

I have failed and in the process ripped off the connector with some of the pcb pads. Is there a way to replace the JTAG-SMT? or is there a schematic of the board so I may try to bypass the ripped pads? I am approaching a deadline and don't have time to await a new board. Help!!!

20200213_124138.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Repairing digilent micro-usb connector

Jump to solution

You should be able to desolder the whole JTAG-SMT and solder on a new JTAG-SMT2 (available from Digilent for not too much money). Since this will involve desoldering from the AC701 itself, and you've already managed to rip the pads off the JTAG-SMT, I strongly suggest leaving this task to someone who has more experience with desoldering components.

Alternatively, the AC701 has a regular JTAG connector on it. You can always hook up a Digilent HS3 or a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II to that and bypass the built-in JTAG>

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Repairing digilent micro-usb connector

Jump to solution

You should be able to desolder the whole JTAG-SMT and solder on a new JTAG-SMT2 (available from Digilent for not too much money). Since this will involve desoldering from the AC701 itself, and you've already managed to rip the pads off the JTAG-SMT, I strongly suggest leaving this task to someone who has more experience with desoldering components.

Alternatively, the AC701 has a regular JTAG connector on it. You can always hook up a Digilent HS3 or a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II to that and bypass the built-in JTAG>

View solution in original post