Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

SP601 board revision history

Jump to solution

Anyone know where to find revision history (and differences between revisions) of the SP601 board?

I'm interested in the board (hardware) revisions and differences, if any.

Thanks!

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There was only one revision of the board released for sale "rev C", the A & B versions were internal only versions.   The only difference between the rev C with ES and Production silicon is a change to the VCCINT voltage level to conform to an errata with the ES silicon.   This is documented in XTP054.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi eteam,

The schematics are the one's which show you the changes in the revisions of the boards. The two main revisions of the board are the differences in the silicon versions i.e CES and C versions. The most obvious differences between the CES and the C versions are the timing speed files.

However the main differences in the boards can be found only through the schematics. On Xilinx.com website the only schematics we have are the REVC, which can be found from the link - link.

There is also an AR on how to identify the CES and ES versions of the device - link.

However can you let me know the reason for this enquiry so that i can help you out further.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

We have multiple copies of SP601 board in use on a project, hence my inquiry.

Aside from the LX16 silicon revision, is there a summary somewhere of the board-level revision differences?  This will save much time chasing uncertainties and non-existent problems if the differences are known.  I don't know what I don't know.

Your help is appreciated.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There was only one revision of the board released for sale "rev C", the A & B versions were internal only versions.   The only difference between the rev C with ES and Production silicon is a change to the VCCINT voltage level to conform to an errata with the ES silicon.   This is documented in XTP054.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post