UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pkortekaas
Visitor

SP601 under Windows 7

Hi

Does anyone known how to get the reference design working on Windows 7. It works fine under Windows XP, but in Windows 7 is seems that the communication through Ethernet is not working properly. The GUI says: Not connected to FPGA.

- I switched off firewalls -> no effect

- I switched off ipV6 support -> an ip address appreas in Setup -> Network Interface instead of 0.0.0.0, but still no connection to FPGA

- I monitored network traffic with WireShark but could not find any packets coming from the Reference Design Application.

Please help!

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Newbie trcicchi

Re: SP601 under Windows 7

I don't have a solution to your problem but I can tell you that the sp601 is not running an IP stack; it has a firmware packet processor that constructs ethernet packets according to an application-specific protocol.  For this reason the sp601 doesn't have an IP address; communication is based soley on mac addresses.  The IP address you see in the Xilinx GUI is the address that your PC is currently using.  This may be all zeros initially; doesn't matter to the sp601.  Also the packets don't show up as anything recongnizable on WireShark.  I am having the same issue (can't connect) with 64 bit XP; if I find a solution I'll post it.
0 Kudos
Newbie unclejoe

Greetings. I just solved the "not connected to FPGA" problem on Vista. Coicidently, I also used WireShark and I saw a bunch of Windows service traffic, which I thought will confuse the board. After disabling    client, QoS, ipv6, file print sharing, discovery for that link, I finally see the convolved image. Maybe you can try that. The safest thing to do is to disable everything except ipv4.

One thing to look for on the board before connecting ethernet is a blinking RX led every second.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
Newbie rafbre

I made it run by setting  ethernet mac Address to 00:50:C2:AE:40:00 

see SP601_BRD.v

// MAC addresses
parameter SERVER_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_00; 
parameter MY_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_01; 

// MAC addressesparameter SERVER_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_00; 

parameter MY_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_01; 

0 Kudos

There is an official answer to this problem under Vista: AR #33229.

I have tried to follow it under windows 7 but can not get it working.

I have an application running on the sp601 that sends UDP messages. It seems to send, according to the debugger, but I can not see anything with wireshark on windows 7. If I connect the LAN port to another computer that runs XP it works!

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please see AR#40705 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40705.htm)

This GUI is not supported on Windows 7, and the recommendation is to continue to use Windows XP OS for the BRD GUI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos