UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor act75
Visitor

SP605 I/O Voltage Rails

Jump to solution

Is there any way to change the I/O voltage on the SP605 to use 3.3v Vcco so I can use LVTTL I/O?  The user guide shows the banks being at 2.5v for banks 0,1,2 and 1.5v for bank 3.  I did not see any mention of jumpers in the manual and need to determine if this is something that can be changed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: SP605 I/O Voltage Rails

Jump to solution
SP605 has no 3.3V io bank and no adjustable voltage source either. Also the VADJ voltage of the FMC connector is also 2.5V.

Do you need to receive 3.3V signals or just drive them? If you just need to drive (unlikely but possible) then 2.5V IO would just work as Vohmin of 2.5V io is above Vihmin of 3.3V. If you need to receive from 3.3V source, you can add a series resistor for current limit if this is just a one off hack. Otherwise you need voltage level translation.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
3 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
SP605 has no 3.3V io bank and no adjustable voltage source either. Also the VADJ voltage of the FMC connector is also 2.5V.

Do you need to receive 3.3V signals or just drive them? If you just need to drive (unlikely but possible) then 2.5V IO would just work as Vohmin of 2.5V io is above Vihmin of 3.3V. If you need to receive from 3.3V source, you can add a series resistor for current limit if this is just a one off hack. Otherwise you need voltage level translation.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Visitor act75
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I have a requirement to drive some 3.3v and 5v differential drivers that have a Vih(min) of 2.0v.  While I suppose that using LVCMOS25 will meet the specifications, I would feel better being able to use 3.3v for the I/O banks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There is no direct jumper kind of selection in SP605 to do that. Also like 7-series there is no direct option for changing FMC bank voltages by using VADJ.

There is possibilty of change by reconfiguring power controller chip but it has risk. The board hardware and interface chips designed for 2,5 V bank voltages. The other bank volatges may cause lot of problems and risky. SoI do not  recomend change SP605 bank volatges.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.