UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dohoonh
Visitor

SP605 additional GPIO header pin

Jump to solution

Hi, I am using SP605, a Spartan6 evaluation board.

However, there are only 6 GPIO header pins on this board (two are VCC and GND, so actually 4 header pin).

I would like to use an additional GPIO header pin. Is there any number of header pins on the board that can be used as an output pin?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: SP605 additional GPIO header pin

Jump to solution

The FMC connector has lots of signals that are available.  Unfortunately, they are not easy to access with out some form of a daughter card plugged into the connector.  You might be able to use the pins from the SPI Header (J3).  Download the schematic for the SP605 and take a look.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

The FMC connector has lots of signals that are available.  Unfortunately, they are not easy to access with out some form of a daughter card plugged into the connector.  You might be able to use the pins from the SPI Header (J3).  Download the schematic for the SP605 and take a look.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Visitor dohoonh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your good answer.

I'll try that

0 Kudos