Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tww
Visitor
Visitor

SP701 board interface failed tests

Jump to solution

Hi, I recently acquired a SP701 EVM.  I am trying to verify all the hardware is working first. Here are the tests of my board.

Blink BIST - power on - LED3(I2C) not on - other LED all on after all button pushes.

- push sw1 reset - all LED on (yeah LED3 is now on, but power cycle LED3 is never on)

change SW13[1:4] from 1001 (Blink BIST) to 1"101" (JTAG)

Following xtp552, I have teraterm setup and have most of the hardware available. Then I run the SUCI - rdf0506 - boardUI - mode prod tests (I will only list the fail tests)

Fail list

HDMI I2C - BoardUI says fail, but teraterm shows "ADV7511 IIC programming PASSED." So not sure ...

FMC/PMOD - FMC not connected and PMOD shunt jumpers not used, so cannot tell atm

QSPI Flash - no info but just shows fail

Ping 1 - PC network card sets Speed & Duplex to Auto Negotiation, ipv4:192.168.1.1
              mask255.255.255.0 per xtp552 says but failed

Ping 2 - Same as Ping 1

HDMI -  BoardUI says fail, but teraterm shows "Successfully ran Example". HDMI monitor does show rainbow color test pattern, so not sure either

MIPI - I only have Pcam5c camera and HDMI monitors(try on 2 TVs), but no mipi dsi display atm
           Does this MIPI test require both Pcam5c and a dsi display to pass?

QSPI - LED3(I2C) not on, just like the blink BIST test failed on power cycle

I include the teraterm log here.  My main goal is to get mipi Pcam5c camera working to run some video algorithm on the FPGA.  I might get a mipi dsi display later if things work properly with hdmi first.  Do I miss any step here to run this test properly?  Any jumper/switches other than SW13 need to be changed from default?  Thank you~

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tww
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, my previous post said my smartlynq USB mode did not work.  It's working now.  I noticed that smartlynq generated a virtual IP when using USB mode.  I need to use that IP and choose remote server to make it work.  It wasn't working before because I chose local server (programmer can find the FPGA device but does not allow to select it and continue.)  So programming with smartlyng has no problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
travisc

Can you attach some pictures of the board in the failure state, along with the log of the Board Interface Test failures? The tests that you show failing all require UART. I am wondering if your UART driver isnt setup correctly, or another port is using the interface so the boardui cant talk through it. This could be a false positive - as far as this test goes. If UART isnt connecting appropriately then the test will fail similarly to what you mentioned.

Beyond the HDMI Colorbar Test, are you able to ID the JTAG chain and program the board through JTAG as expected? Do other designs work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tww
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, thank you for the reply.  I am using a win10 pro, installed cp210 driver for the com ports, and ran the tests again and gather some files and see if they help to find the problem.  I must emphasize, for the power on Blink BIST test, the LED 3 (I2C) never passed, but would pass after pushing SW1 reset and repeat the test.

Setting SW13[1:4] to 1101.  I use the micro USB cable to program the FPGA with a SP701 mipi_rx_example design, and it works.  The Pcam5c from example design would show video no problem.  (Note the SCUI test Pcam5c does not show video during MIPI test, hdmi does show rainbow colors during HDMI test) I also try the smartlynq cable (taking off J38) to program the FPGA with a small test module using GPIOs.  The remote server (through ethernet cable) would work, but the local server (through USB) does not work (smartlynq).

I skipped the ethernet PING tests for now 'cause I feel the problem might be the first HDMI I2C failed test and the LED3 not on during BIST.  If future required to run the PING tests, please let me know.

Best Regards

SCUI_version.jpg
SCUI_result.jpg
0 Kudos
tww
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, my previous post said my smartlynq USB mode did not work.  It's working now.  I noticed that smartlynq generated a virtual IP when using USB mode.  I need to use that IP and choose remote server to make it work.  It wasn't working before because I chose local server (programmer can find the FPGA device but does not allow to select it and continue.)  So programming with smartlyng has no problem.

View solution in original post