cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spartan 3 starter kit

Hi !
I am new to fpga technology and purchased an spartan 3e starter kit. When i connect the the USB cable (with) board powered up the windows prompt for installing driver and than it shows an error (some message showing INF). I am using VISTA bussiness. Is this USB cable same as Platform cable USB in functionality. I mean can I download and use chipscope Pro with this plane USB cable on my starter kit.
Regards
an FPGA starter
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Spartan 3 starter kit

Yes, the S3E SK effectively contains an embedded Platform USB cable on the board.. You should be able to use this for several functions: program the devices on the resident JTAG chain, communicate with the Chipscope cores, and use this to debug the MicroBlaze processor.

The following is a useful reference for this programing cable:
 http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?getPagePath=20429 (Platform Cable USB - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs))
What version of ISE are you using? Note that ISE 9.2i is the first version which supports Windows Vista.

Cheers,
bt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, I had the same problem and I installed ISE webpack 9.2i, it has resolved the trouble, maybe i will finally be able to start implementing ;)

Thanks again,
Fred

PS:I had webpack 9.1i before
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Fred,

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to know that others are benefiting from the discussions here.

Good luck with your project.

Message Edited by timpe on 11-20-2007 09:47 PM
0 Kudos