cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spartan 3A Evaluation Kit - USB Cable Driver Problems

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the USB-Cable running, but up to now I failed. I am using vista x64 business edition. I have installed the ISE 9.1i Foundation. When I plug in the Board via USB cable Windows can't find an appropriate USB-driver.

In the device manager is the device "Avnet_Sp3A_Demo" but with the yellow exclamation mark, indicating, that something is not properly installed. In a XP-virtual machineI got it running, but always starting a virtual machine to program the FPGA is a bit annoying, as you can imagine.

Do you have any suggestions, where to get the correct driver for the board? 

Thank you very much for your answers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Spartan 3A Evaluation Kit - USB Cable Driver Problems

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing  AVProg which is containing the required drivers.

Cheers,

Moe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing  AVProg which is containing the required drivers.

Cheers,

Moe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Moe,

I'm glad you were able to resolve this.  In case you haven't been there already, I would highly recommend you go to this board's support page, which is www.em.avnet.com/spartan3a-evl --> Support Files & Downloads.  You can also find a number of useful answers for this board on its forum at http://groups.google.com/group/avnet-spartan-3a-eval-kit.

Bryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Unfortunattely "AvProg_v405_setup" does not support drivers, first thing I did was to read the documention but no luck. If you have any other solution please let me now.

Regards

0 Kudos