UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor reigngt09
Visitor

To rebuild the project, under impl/build, enter "make"

Jump to solution

Hi  I bought the Xilinx Video Broadcast kit which has the ML605 and HD SDI daughter board. I implemented the other source files for xapp 1075 and I managed to compile and generate a bitstream. 

However I am trying to build xapp 591 and it doesnt give me similar instructions like xapp 1075. It just says the following:

5. INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS

1) Install the Xilinx ISE 14.1 or later tools.
2) To rebuild the project, under impl/build, enter "make"

6. SUPPORT

To obtain technical support for this reference design, go to
www.xilinx.com/support to locate answers to known issues in the Xilinx
Answers Database or to create a WebCase.

How do i enter make and where do i enter it? Do i implement it in tcl or cmd, how do I change the directory to execute that make file. Will it open up in ISE? The instructions are not very clear and assumes that everybody know what's going on. Please can you help me build this project.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor reigngt09
Visitor

Re: To rebuild the project, under impl/build, enter "make"

Jump to solution

I managed to build the project, the manual way by making ml605_quad_sdi_passthu.v my top level file and then copy all the missing HDL files and IP cores into Xilinx ISE. It works fines now. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@reigngt09 Which version of ISE you using for these XAPP's? 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor reigngt09
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using version 14.7 ISE

0 Kudos
Visitor reigngt09
Visitor

Jump to solution

I managed to build the project, the manual way by making ml605_quad_sdi_passthu.v my top level file and then copy all the missing HDL files and IP cores into Xilinx ISE. It works fines now. 

0 Kudos