cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

UART for ARTY board (can't find FT2232H on schematic)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I started playing with the Arty 7 evaluation board,

I can't find on the schematic (rev C) the uart pin, I watched that there is 2 signals on bank16 (uart_txd_in and uart_rxd_out) but I can't find the FTDI chip and the output connector.

Where are those signals pulled out of the board?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

This part isn't documented in schematics. It is proprietary content of digilent, because they use the FT2232H also as JTAG programmer. I think that's the reason why there is a blank page in schematics ;-)

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

This part isn't documented in schematics. It is proprietary content of digilent, because they use the FT2232H also as JTAG programmer. I think that's the reason why there is a blank page in schematics ;-)

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, most Digilent and Avent borads do not include the programming circuit in their schematic. So you cannot found these pins in sch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos