UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ttyler777
Observer

Ultrascale+ FMC daughter card selection

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of developing a system that will utilize the zcu102 as its main board.  However, I need a couple additional I/O needs that the base board doesn't fill (Ethernet x 2, RS-422 x 2).

I was hoping to use the two FMC connection to buy COTS products and then simply add the necessary IP cores to the Vivado design.  However, I'm having a hard time determining if ANY of the listed FMC cards are compatible with UltraScale:
https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/fmc-cards.html

Only a few cards list UltraScale (On the debugging tab).  Can I assume that if it works on the ZC706 that it will work for the zcu102 or will I have to track down this information on the developer(s) site?  Does Xilinx provide the HDL cores for these, since they have them listed, or will I again need to get with the board developer?

Some general guidance in this endeavor would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Tyler

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ultrascale+ FMC daughter card selection

Jump to solution

FMC is just a spec. Assuming the card is FMC compliant it should work. You can double check with the manufactures to see if they have done any tests, or post here for specific combinations to see if anyone else has tried them out. In general though, if its FMC compliant it should work. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

FMC is just a spec. Assuming the card is FMC compliant it should work. You can double check with the manufactures to see if they have done any tests, or post here for specific combinations to see if anyone else has tried them out. In general though, if its FMC compliant it should work. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Jump to solution
One thing to keep eye on is the number off and connections of the SerDes links. Seems not all base boards connect to all the SerDes links..
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>