cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyson
Visitor
Visitor

Usage of RXRECCLKOUT on VCU108

Hi, I am going to use the RXRECCLKOUT from the GTY Transceiver as a clock of a logic block. However, I found that if I directly use it in the design. there is an error during synthesis:
[Vivado 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property of ports, Site location (GTYE3_COMMON_X0Y2) is not valid for the shape with the following elements:
rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p_OBUF_inst
rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p

After reading PG182, I added the OBUFDS_GTE3 and then use the output (rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p) as the logic clock source.

OBUFDS_GTE3 #(
.REFCLK_EN_TX_PATH (1'b1),
.REFCLK_ICNTL_TX (5'b00111)
) OBUFDS_GTE3_CHX0Y8_INST (
.O (rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p),
.OB (rxrecclkout_chx0y8_n),
.CEB (1'b0),
.I (rxrecclkout_out[0])
);

However, the error message is still there.

But if I use the rxrecclkout_out[0] as clcok source instead of rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p. There is no error during synthesis but during bitstream generation:
[DRC RTSTAT-2] Partially routed nets: 1 net(s) are partially routed. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are usb_phy_gty_inst/inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye3_top.usb_phy_gty_gtwizard_gtye3_inst/gen_gtwizard_gtye3.gen_channel_container[2].gen_enabled_channel.gtye3_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/rxrecclkout_out[0].

Finally, I can only obtain an error free bitstream file by mapping the rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p and rxrecclkout_chx0y8_p as output and then input it through another differetial I/O externally.

So, I would like to ask is there any method such that I can use RXRECCLKOUT from the GTY Transceiver directly inside my code?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
0 Replies