cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Use of SP601 evaluation board (spartan 6 FPGA)

Hello everyone,

I 'm using a SP601 evaluation kit but I cannot start working with it.

After following with precision the entire quickstart manual, I ran a communication terminal for testing the board with the BIST, only the LEDs and UART work. No other test respond.
Also, the Base Reference Design Interface (v 2.0.6.0) keep saying : "Not connected to FPGA".
Some of the ethernet LEDs shine.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Bastien

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @bsejourne,

When you run BIST test for FLASH test and other, what do you see on tera term? do you see test failed message on the tera term?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forum.png
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Pratham, and thank you.

Here is what I get :

- Timer test : Random characters. Then every time I press "CPU Reset" button I get some more, but still random.

- Flash test : "Initialized Flash library successfully" (sometimes the letters are combinated in wrong order), then "Unkerror test failed. Press PROG to continue."

- IIC test :

"SRECORDS at: 0x871a0000
Bootloader: Processed (0x)00000320 S-records
Executing program starting at address: 00000000
                         IIC EEPROMet:
Writgdattoeoma008 00003040607000C00F
                                    Readingdata frCparig adaa

ing at address: 00000000"

- Ethernet loopback test

XPS Ethernetlite Loopback Example:  Failed

- Switch test

Data read from GPIO Input
is 0xD
Press the 'PROG' buttn to continue.

- External memory Test

Multi-Port Memory Controller Memory Test                                        
Testing address range 0x50200000-0x57FFFFFF.                                            
Iteration 1 of 1                
Pass A) ICache:  On, DCache:  On                                
        TEST0: Write all memory to 0x00000000 and check                                                       
                Writing...                          
                Reading...                          
        Test Complete Status = SUCCESS                                      
        TEST1: Write all memory to 0xFFFFFFFF and check                                                       
                Writing...                          
                Reading...                          

TEST2: Testing for stuck together bank/row/col bits                                                           
                Clearing memory to zeros...                                           
                Writing and Reading...                                      

TEST3: Testing for maximum ba/row/col noise                                                   
                This test performs 16 word writes followed by 16 word reads                                                                           
                Each 64 bytes inverts the ba/row/col address                                                            
                Initializing Memory to 0xA5A5A5A5...                                                    
                Writing and Reading...                                      
                TEST3.3 - ERROR #1: Address = 0x57DB5380, Data Expected was 0xFF                                                                              

0 Kudos