cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upside_down
Visitor
Visitor

Using Alveo u250 for custom hardware development

We needed an evaluation board with a Virtex Ultrascale+ FPGA on it for our custom RTL design (We want to design our own IP cores and integrate with some other LogiCore IPs). For that purpose, we were considering to use an Alveo u250, as it is relatively cheaper and famous. Before making decision I want to ask some questions:

1. First of all, am I posting this question in a correct place? If not where should I post it to get better answers?
  2. Is Alveo u250 suitable for custom RTL design (maybe this board is designed only for the customers requiring software acceleration, that's why I asked this question)? 
  3. If the answer of the question No:2 is yes, which documents give information about constraints, pin assignment, etc? Also which Vivado edition can be used?
  4. If the answer of the question No:2 is no, can you recommend any other board for us? (The board must contain high speed ethernet connectors similar to QSFP28 in Alveo cards, PCIe Gen3, and of course a Virtex Ultrascale+ FPGA) 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
travisc

I will move this post to the normal boards and kits forum page. If your only requirements are QSFP28, pcie gen3, and a VU+ we have other boards at the link below that are more inline with the evaluation platform and RTL design, esspecialy if you arent looking for a specific acceleration platform. On the left side of the page select VU+ to see a list. I dont know your full requirements, but it would be good to contact your local Sales folks to see what fits your needs best.

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/see-all-evaluation-boards.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

Travis,
is it possible to answer the specific question #2 ? Is this board supported for custom RTL development fully? I'm looking for a definitive answer on this.
Thanks.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

I'm very interested in an answer to this question also. Preliminary indication is yes to #2. The constraints are available at https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/alveo/u250.html#documentation

The file you want is xtp573-alveo-u250-xdc.zip
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.