Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Using PMOD Header J58 for ZC706

Jump to solution

Hi:

I'm currently using ZC706 J58 header as a normal GPIO for some input signal trig and output port. However, I have a problem which is the port which is defined as input (pull-down in constrain file) always shows high voltage level (3.3V). I'm wondering whether this J58 can be defined as usual GPIO port?

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

It can be used as GPIO, but the PMOD is not connected directly to the FPGA pins. It goes through a TXS0108E level shifter (U40), which has internal pull-up resistors - either 40K or 4K depending on what it's doing. This will be fighting against the Zynq's pull-down.

Have you tried just connecting the PMOD pins to ground? Does that give you a "0" on the pin, or is it still reading "1"?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

It can be used as GPIO, but the PMOD is not connected directly to the FPGA pins. It goes through a TXS0108E level shifter (U40), which has internal pull-up resistors - either 40K or 4K depending on what it's doing. This will be fighting against the Zynq's pull-down.

Have you tried just connecting the PMOD pins to ground? Does that give you a "0" on the pin, or is it still reading "1"?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

We tried to pull up the J58 header and it looks good now. Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos