07-16-2014 08:34 AM
Right now, I connect the FPGA board to the 64bit Win7 laptop by UART
Port. Based on the instruction from the pdf of
"ug848-VC707-getting-started-guide" Page 6-8.
I have setup the CP210x VCP drivers from silcon lab, but it still
cannot figure out this FPGA in device manager.
And I also try the method from the website:
it shows "USB Deice Not Recognized".
it shows "unknown device" in the USB controller.
07-16-2014 08:39 AM
I have found the following was necessary to get them to be seen:
1) Unplug the RS232 USB connector from the computer.
2) Turn off the VC707 Board.
3) Pulg the RS232 USB connector into the computer.
4) Wait 10 seconds or so for the computer to see the device.
5) Turn on the board.
6) Wait 10 second or so for the board to register with the computer.
7) Check it again -- hopefully this worked
1) Reboot with the VC707 Board off but the RS232 USB cable attached -- that has worked 100% of the time!
Silly I know,
07-16-2014 10:01 AM
The CP210x drivers will be under the "Ports (COM & LPT)" category, not the "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
07-16-2014 12:57 PM
Thanks for your help. I have tried several times as your advice.
But the OS-Win7 64-bit still cannot find the driver for the UART Connection. And I setup the driver(CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers version6.7) manually. The device manager shows aexclamation point.
AND the software"Tera Term", which is uesd to do BIST Test, doesn't show any series port.
Thanks for your help.
07-22-2014 11:37 AM
Sorry for the delay I don't get to the forum every day -- need longer compile times to make that happen; but each release of the tool is just faster -- thanks Xilinx!
Driver Version is:
Sounds like you should try a different USB port or computer as the Xilinx Employee said it should just show up. My guess is that there is something loaded on your machine which is not allowing the driver to run.