UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC707 FPGA Will Not Self-Configure From BPI PROM

Jump to solution

First off, yes, this is a dumb question. I have no doubt that the answer is something trivial, but I cannot find it.

I'm editing an existing design. The VC707 board is installed in a sealed box that I cannot open (it's sealed with Quality Control stickers.) So, while I cannot view the jumpers on the board, It is safe to assume they are "correct", because the board worked fine yesterday. :-)

Yesterday, if I power-cycled the box, the FPGA loaded its configuration automatically.

Today, I programmed the BPI Prom with a new .mcs file. It programmed fine, if I use the "Boot From Configuration Memory" manual command it loads the configuration and works correctly, but if I power-cycle the box, the FPGA does not program itself at all.

I have tried putting the original "yesterday" file back, and it does the same thing as my new file does.

I'm sure I'm missing a checkbox, or an option.

I cannot, however, find what settings I should use when generating the .mcs file, or when programming the BPI.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VC707 FPGA Will Not Self-Configure From BPI PROM

Jump to solution

It appears that the issue is: after programming the board via the JTAG pod, you have to unplug the JTAG pod's USB cable from your pc (thus powering it down) before applying system power to the VS707 again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

It appears that the issue is: after programming the board via the JTAG pod, you have to unplug the JTAG pod's USB cable from your pc (thus powering it down) before applying system power to the VS707 again.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
Yes, here is the AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66954.html on this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos