UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

VC707 IOSTANDARD

Jump to solution

Hello, I thought I would just throw this out there as it is not totally apparent to me.

I am trying to interface with an IC that has a 1V IO with the VC707 evaluation board. Are any of the IO banks for the FMC pins able to switch to the LVCMOS12 standard and would a 1V input fall into the VIH region? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: VC707 IOSTANDARD

Jump to solution

see page 58 of ug885,

Vcco is characterized down to 1.14 volts.

It will operate at 1.0v, (I have used it there), but do not expect it to meet the fastest timing (it will not) as 1.0 is out of the recommended window.  To a first order, operating 10% below the recommended means that timing will be 10% slower (worst case).

If you are nowhere near having a speed problem, then 1.0v should work just fine (simple single-ended I/O).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
1 Reply
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: VC707 IOSTANDARD

Jump to solution

see page 58 of ug885,

Vcco is characterized down to 1.14 volts.

It will operate at 1.0v, (I have used it there), but do not expect it to meet the fastest timing (it will not) as 1.0 is out of the recommended window.  To a first order, operating 10% below the recommended means that timing will be 10% slower (worst case).

If you are nowhere near having a speed problem, then 1.0v should work just fine (simple single-ended I/O).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose