UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mdlewisfb
Visitor

VCU128 Board Files and Example Designs

Jump to solution

I received the VCU128 development kit but have not been able to find board files nor example design projects (found example design zip files that contain the .bit, but no actual projects) for it. Where can these be found? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VCU128 Board Files and Example Designs

Jump to solution

The author of XTP529 has been contacted and the zip file will be updated to include the Board Flow Files.  This will take 48 hours.

In the meantime, you can access the Board Flow Files on the Xilinx Board Store at GitHub.  You can find these here: https://github.com/Xilinx/XilinxBoardStore/tree/2018.3/boards/Xilinx

The VCU128 files are located in the vcu128/1.0 folder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Visitor mdlewisfb
Visitor

Jump to solution

Those are what I said I already found and did not contain what I am looking for. The Example designs are all just bit files and scripts, no actual Vivado projects that I could find. The board files are also not what I want, I am looking for board files required to be able to create a Project in Vivado and select the VCU128 dev kit board as the base for the project. 

0 Kudos
Visitor mdlewisfb
Visitor

Jump to solution

Are there any example projects for this development kit? 

0 Kudos
Visitor mdlewisfb
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have downloaded all files at the link provided and been unable to find board xml files nor working example designs. The closest is in the IBERT design creation PDF (here) it references a zip file named "vcu128_board_flow_files.zip" (see attached image). However I am not able to find this zip to use it, where can it be downloaded? Is it just missing from the "Design Files" section for IBERT but referenced in the PDF? The project included in the IBERT zip seems to need it as it gives an error when downloaded as is. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 3.28.30 PM.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mdlewisfb ,

Board Files are not present in Vivado 2018.3.

I will forward the board files download Link through EZMove Software. Please provide your Mail ID ?

Example designs can be found in this link https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/vcu128-es1.html#documentation. Other than this No example designs are there.

Regards,

Deepak D N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The author of XTP529 has been contacted and the zip file will be updated to include the Board Flow Files.  This will take 48 hours.

In the meantime, you can access the Board Flow Files on the Xilinx Board Store at GitHub.  You can find these here: https://github.com/Xilinx/XilinxBoardStore/tree/2018.3/boards/Xilinx

The VCU128 files are located in the vcu128/1.0 folder

Highlighted
Visitor mojs
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have been trying to get theese board files to work, but Vivado 2018.3 seems to not like them? Setting the path to the xilinx folder this way: 

set_param board.repoPaths [list D:/code/various_githup/XilinxBoardStore/boards/Xilinx ]

I can see that the SP701 board shows up (not included in 2018.3 by default) but not the VCU128 or AU280 boards? 

Note I am using the latest board files (as of 2019-MAR-24) that are under the 2018.3 branch under the XilinxBoardStore.

0 Kudos
Visitor mojs
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update:

This was resolved by runnig xsetup and adding "Engineering Sample Devices" .

After that the Board support files for VCU128 seems to work. 

Thanks!

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update and confirming this is now working.  This makes sense as the VCU128-ES1 board has ES silicon on board.

0 Kudos