cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Video Starter Kit, LVDS Camera

I am trying to interface the LVDS Camera with the VIODC on the video starter kit.  I am basically trying to stream in data from the camera, store it in a frame buffer, and then display it on VGA.  The display portion of my design works fine.  I am having trouble getting the correct data from the camera.  I was wondering if anyone had detailed timing diagrams of the camera other than the ones that are including with the MT9V022 digital image sensor(the image sensor for the camera).  I need to know the relationship between the clock and the LVDS data signal.  I was also wondering if anyone has the correct register values for the MTV9022 digital image sensor that monochrome operation would work properly.  I have had a very difficult time finding the appropriate documentation for the camera and have tried to email Irvine Sensors (the manufacturer)

I have looked at the demo that is available but this was done using EDK and system generator.  I have done my design completely in Verilog.  I did find some initial register values for the camera in the Microblaze code but using these values did not seem to fix the problem.

Please help,

Jason 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Also, I used a Picoblaze processor for my I2C initialization.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The relationship between the LVDS clock and the LVDS data is a bit vague.  In the end, I changed my interface to sweep the pahse shift of a DCM through the databit to find a good sample point instead.

We'll have an IP core of this interface available soon...

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Thompson
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.co.uk/capabilities/electronic-hardware
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Jason, i'm using Virtex-4 video starter kit and i need to extract the video image from the CMOS camera for image processing. Can you guide me? Desperately need your help. My email, atzkae@hotmail.com

Regard,

atzkae

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hi jason , I am also working od video starter kit virtex 4 ml402 platform. I need your help in getting the stored data coming from the camera so that i can use it for further processing. 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello jason, can u please guide me with the code to take an image from camera and store it on the ml402 board fpga 

xc4vsx35.....

Please help me out this is a module of my final year project...... I have to submit by march.....

my email id is shuklaankita132gmail.com

Waiting for ur reply.......

Tags (1)
0 Kudos