Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Virtex-6 DQ/DQS placement errors

Hello,

I am trying to use some parts of the Virtex-5 DDR PHY on the Virtex-6 of ML605 board, in particular the dq/dqs related modules. I have attached the schematics of these two modules. Note that I do not get any problems while implementing these modules on the Virtex-5.

When trying to place the dqs pins in Planahead, I get the following error:

"Could not legally place instance u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS at IOB_X2Y125 since it belongs to a shape containing instance u_bufio_dqs. The shape requires relative placement between u_iobuf_dqs/IBUFDS and u_bufio_dqs that cannot be honored because it would result in an invalid location for u_bufio_dqs."

I am not sure from where this error comes. At first the pins I used were not CC which I thought would cause the error but changing the pins didn't resolve the error. Replacing the BUFIO by a wire or BUFH is a temporary fix for this error but creates many other timing related errors. 

When trying to place the dq pins, I get another error related to the SR/REV pins the OLOGICs (w. ODDRs) that I cannot explain:

"Could not route the logical net: GND on site OLOGIC_X2Y131 to the load pin OUTFF.REV.

Please check your design to see if the pin has a legal route to its driver or loads."

I am not sure if it's related to the first error or not but I would really appreciate your help.

ml605_2.PNG
ml605.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Up, I am really struggling here, does anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

As a follow up question, as BUFIOs get me errors, is it possible to drive the clock input of the IDDR with the output of the IODELAY?

0 Kudos