cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Virtex 6 ML605 board - DDR3 example design question

Hi All,

I will begin by stating my current objective. I would like to assign an AND operator two GPIO switches and have the output stored to a block in DDR3 memory when I press another switch. This is a totally useless function but basically I am trying to learn how to interface with the DDR3 block. I've already gone through UG406 and a bunch of other docments detailing how to use the MIG but it just generates a bunch of code in which I have no idea what's going on. I would basically like to know how to:

1) Create my own VHDL code and instantiate this DDR3 MIG block.

2) Interface with it.

I apologize for the very generic question but I guess I didn't look hard enough online for anything that could help me. I will appreciate your answers!

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Virtex 6 ML605 board - DDR3 example design question

Hi

Please refer below AR for the flow on how to include MIG in your design.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/37424.html

Refer UI read and write timing Diagrams in UG406 and you should be writing your own glue logic to drive the UI interface following the timing diagrams.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Virtex 6 ML605 board - DDR3 example design question

Hi,

You can simply use flow-1 of AR 37424, generate ISE priject, run example design simulation to undersatnd the flow and then comment out traffic gen in example_top.vhd and have your own fsm to interface user interface signals of the controller satisfying command path, write path and read path timing diagrams given in UG406

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented