UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yphal
Visitor

Vitis - ZCU102 or ZC706

Hi  - 

I am new to the Zynq and Zynq Ultrascale+ versions of Xilinx and wondering if someone had a good reasoning as to what the differences are. I was going through the posted example programs for Vitis and most of them talk about ZCU102. Which one is better for image classification applications - ZCU102 or ZC706? 

Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vitis - ZCU102 or ZC706

Hello @yphal 

Both can be used for image classification and utilize the power of Zynq. The ZCU102 with the Zynq Ultrascale+, however, has more logic cells (600 on ZCU102 vs 350 on ZC706) and more DSP slices (2520 on ZCU102 vs 900 on ZC706) for your image classification needs. There are many more differences which will be highlighted in the landing pages I am linking to this post. 

Also, like you mentioned, has much more support in terms of user guides and examples as seen in https://developer.xilinx.com/

ZC706: https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-z7-zc706-g.html#overview

ZCU102: https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-u1-zcu102-g.html

I hope this helps! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor yphal
Visitor

Thanks for your reply! So does ZCU102 has better performance in terms of latency and power (and probably even accuracy) compared to ZC706? I am also trying to do analog interfacing with the FPGA eval boards and ZC706 just seems to have more options in that respect. And ZCU102 seems to be older? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@yphal 

Of course! I'm here to help in any way I can. 

The Zynq Ultrascale+ family boasts low latency and power consumption, and high performance so it defeinitely will meet your needs in terms of performance. 

In terms of analog interfacing, it really just depends on what you need. I recommend looking at the hardware tab of the landing pages I sent you and seeing what you need. 

Lastly, the Ultrascale+ family is our latest family of products, so the ZC706 with the Zynq-7000 chip is older (which does not mean it is not a valid device, if the ZC706 is what you are looking for).  

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

0 Kudos