UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer zubinkumar
Observer

Xilinx XtremeDSP Kit - IV Reg: PCI/USB interface and PROMs

Hi,

I had 2 questions regarding the Xilinx XtremeDSP kit -IV (which uses the V4 user FPGA).  I know it has 2 XC18v02 PROMS where the PCI and USB interface .bit/.mcs files are stored which are then loaded onto the Spartan-II interface FPGA. I am currently using the PCI interface but I wanted to know if it was possible to use both the interfaces - the PCI and the USB interface, at the same time?

i.e. - use the PCI to load some data for processing onto the user FPGA and then use the USB interface to load more data onto the user FPGA and then switch between USB and PCI whenever needed, is this possible or can we only use 1 interface at a time?

1)Is switching between the interfaces possible at all or do we need to reload the .mcs/.bit file via the JTAG for the particular interface we want to use again?

2)Also, can the XC18v02 PROMs be accessed by the user FPGA (in case we want to read/write data from it) or can they be accessed only  via the JTAG to load the .mcs files/.bit files for the interface FPGA?

Any help will be highly appreciated ... Thanks in advance !

Zubin.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx XtremeDSP Kit - IV Reg: PCI/USB interface and PROMs

in theory this is possible and is the flexibility of FPGAs in general.  On this particular board, I don't know for sure.  If they're using the same pins for the interfaces, then it's probably not possible.  If they're _not_ using the same pins then this may very well be possible (but may require some legwork on your part).

-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
0 Kudos