UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nowara
Visitor

XtremeDSP Video Starter Kit -> VSK Tutorial -> Problem with conversion of VSK Reference Design from Design Suite 10.1.03 to 11.3

Used version of ISE Design Suite: 11.3

Used version in the Reference Design at the VSK Tutorial: 10.1.03

Hi, when I open the Reference Design from the VSK Tutorial with the XPS it starts directly with the calling to convert the design to the new version 11.3.

During the conversion I get the hint, that the pcores clock_generator_1_00_a, xps_gpio_1_00_a and mpmc_4_03_a are deprecated and that I have to

change these modules manually.

After the conversion I receive the error that XPS cannot find clock_generator_1_00_a and standalone_1_00_a. So I have updated the version number

for the clock_generator in the *.mhs file and the version number for the OS standalone module in the *.mss file manually.

After this step I can open the converted design, but I get several warnings:

EDK:1582 - IPNAME:xps_gpio INSTANCE:LEDs_8Bit - ... - deprecated core for architecture 'spartan3adsp'!

EDK:1582 - IPNAME:mpmc INSTANCE:mpmc_0 - ... - deprecated core for architecture 'spartan3adsp'!

11x -> EDK:2695 - Unknown lane orientation _BK______|_______

Question: Can I use the deprecated pcores?

Question: Exist a new version of the VSK Tutorial which is already converted to version 11.3?

Question: It is possible to destroy the VSK Board with such a converted design?

Best regards

MN

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: XtremeDSP Video Starter Kit -> VSK Tutorial -> Problem with conversion of VSK Reference Design from Design Suite 10.1.03 to 11.3

i'm in trouble same errors here: http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=Spartan&message.id=4049#M4049

Question: Can I use the deprecated pcores?

Answer:  Yes i used another project files with deprecated pcores, and it was working.

Question: Exist a new version of the VSK Tutorial which is already converted to version 11.3?

Answer:  I'm corious about that too, if xilinx, not updates, we can't synthesize any reference project

Question: It is possible to destroy the VSK Board with such a converted design?

Answer: I couldn't understant your question.

Message Edited by alperuzgec on 10-09-2009 04:17 AM
0 Kudos
Visitor firoz_488
Visitor

Re: Extremely Video Starter Kit -> VSK Tutorial -> Problem with conversion of VSK Reference Design from Design Suite 10.1.03 to 11.3

Hay I am Firoz,

I am using VSK tutorial for EDk 8.2 how ever I have installed EDK10.1.03, and when conversion of reference design it is showing many problem.

I tried to download VSK tutorial 10.1.03 but not able to find it on internet ( I tried my best).

Can you please send me the link from where I can down load the VSK Tutorial for 10.1 ( Mainly EDK_Vid_go_start ).

If you dont have the link, can you please send me your VSK Tutorial for EDK 10.1. ( in Zip format)

( Its some what urgent)

Thanking you in advance.

my mail Id:

firoz_488@yahoo.com

bablu_dear@rediffmail.com

Thank you once again.

0 Kudos
Visitor firoz_488
Visitor

Re: Extremely Video Starter Kit -> VSK Tutorial -> Problem with conversion of VSK Reference Design from Design Suite 10.1.03 to 11.3

I am using Vertix 4 ( ML 402 Board)

0 Kudos
Visitor nowara
Visitor

Hi firoz,

try this link:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug456.zip

Here you can find the VSK tutorial for Version 10.1.03.

Best regards

MN

0 Kudos
Newbie siva.vlsi

I have a doubt

I am using XILINX VIRTEX video processor card.

I am interfacing using BNC connector.I am working using monochrome signals.

Here the signals not at all synchronized for 320x240 resolution.Can anybody suggest me for 40MHz clock signals,I am not having 50MHz frequency?

0 Kudos