cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peppe

ZC706 EOL

I'm working with a ZC706 rev.1.2. I want to use this evaluation board with a custom FMC Mezzanine for an important project, but I have two constraints:

1. The required temperature range is 0 °C - +55 °C. Can I increase the maximum operating temperature from 45°C to 55°C?

2. What is the EOL of ZC706?

Thanks,

Peppe.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Peppe ,

Xilinx always recommend to adhere to the values provided as the board is tests in these conditions and not following the basic temperature range could possibly effect the application or the board's total life.
So if you change the maximum temperature range then you will observe its effect sooner or later.
ee
Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Is this an evaluation board from Xilinx ?

As I understand it the eval boards are not designed to work in a production unit, 

they are designed to allow one to evaluate how to use the chip,

They tend to have a short life, end production suddenly and with little warning,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The Xilinx evaluation boards like the zc706 (Alveo boards excepted) are intended for silicon evaluation and jump start designs - not for production systems.
That is touched on here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43302.html (Xilinx Evaluation Kits - Does Xilinx provide 3D board files for kits?)

As started, the boards here tend to discontinue way before the silicon (Virtex-5 is still shipping, the ML501/ML505/etc.development boards were discontinued long ago) as a result.