cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ZC706: Reading from SD - ADMA problems?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to read from an SD card inserted in a ZC706 board. In order to achieve that I looked at the files in the FSBL example and I am trying to follow the same steps to mount the SD.

I call the function "disk_initialize" from mmc.c and it runs several commands apparently without problem (the responses are what they are expected to be... Until it arrives at the first ADMA transfer enabled command (CMD55+ACMD51 after CMD7), where it seems to fail returning the status 0x02008001... That 2 over there seems to mean SD_INT_ERR_ADMA, but I don't seem to be able of finding where this error comes from.

If someone could give me some directions on where to look at I would be grateful.

Best regards,
Miguel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ZC706: Reading from SD - ADMA problems?

Jump to solution

Just solved it.

I'm posting the answer just in case someone runs into a similar issue.

The problem was that I needed to disable the Data Cache and I was not doing it. Simple as that... Silly me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Just solved it.

I'm posting the answer just in case someone runs into a similar issue.

The problem was that I needed to disable the Data Cache and I was not doing it. Simple as that... Silly me.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks, this worked for me too! To do this, I just add this function call to initialization code:

Xil_DCacheDisable();

and that is from #include "xil_cache.h"

Can anyone provide some info as to why this is necessary (disabling the data-cache)???

0 Kudos